Janice Mills is a retired nurse/ Administrator. After a long career in the health care field which included acute care, mental health, occupational health and finally long term care, she has continued to promote, in the communities of Brantford and Brant County and the Province of Ontario, the principles of healthy living. This includes the following:
- Grand River District Health Council – 6 years + 3 years Committee work
- Several Ministry of Health committees including the development of policies and manuals in relation to the reform of long term care and the committee for the Palliative Care Initiative.
- United Way – Municipal Chair§ Association of the Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) Health and Social Services Committee – 4 years
- Board Member of the Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (HNHB) Local Health Integration Network 2006-2010
- Member, Board of Governors of the Brant Community Healthcare System 2010-2013
- Member, Brant County Board of Health, 2010-2013